National Day for Truth and Reconciliation This Saturday (September 30) is National Day for Truth and Reconciliation, also known as Orange Shirt Day. Click here for some resources that can help us all learn about residential schools and their impact. By learning about...
Now Hiring! Early Years Educator (RECE) – EarlyON (Part Time)
BridgeWay is the largest provider of EarlyON Child and Family Centres in the Region of Peel. We provide free prenatal services, early learning programs and supports to pregnant women and families/caregivers with children birth – 6 years of age. We are looking to grow our team with new staff who want to work closely with children and their families in our centres and programs
As a Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) do you want to work for a not for profit agency that:
- Has a reputation of going ‘above and beyond’ to provide quality family support and early learning services
- Has a high employee retention rate and employees who make new staff quickly feel a valued member of the ‘BridgeWay Family
- Values your professional development and offers training throughout the year
- Offers a competitive salary, employee Group Registered Savings Plan to help you save for your retirement, vacation based on years of service, and a full benefit plan for positions 32.5 hours or more
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, continue reading how you can join to find out about employment opportunities.
- Working with Use of the ELECT and How Does Learning Happen documents to provide family support and quality programs* for children Planning and delivering early learning activities for children and their caregivers using the ELECT and How Does Learning Happen? documents to guide your work
- Providing emotional support, information and role modelling for parents and caregivers raising young children following Family Support principles
- Recognizing the individuality of each family and demonstrating respect for different parenting or caregiving styles
- Working with their Supervisor to develop programs that meet the ongoing needs of clients
- Providing appropriate referrals to community services/supports
- Working as part of a team with other staff members and volunteers
- Ensuring cultural sensitivity and client confidentiality are always preserved
- RECE in good standing
- Knowledge of child and family development
- Emergency First Aid/CPR B or C certification
- Vulnerable Sector Check
- Awareness of resources/supports available in the Peel community
- Experience facilitating programs/support groups with new mothers/parents/ caregivers in attendance
- Ability to speak multiple languages
Part time hours (positions may include weekday, weekend and evening shifts)
Starting Salary Range – $22.00 – $25.00 per hour
We offer excellent training, salary, a Group Retirement Savings Plan and a supportive, dynamic work environment.
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Thank you for your interest in this position; only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
BridgeWay is committed to providing an inclusive workplace that embraces diversity, values differences, and supports the full participation of all employees. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Upon individual request, we will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates with disabilities.
Upcoming Closures Most of our programs will be closed from Wednesday September 20 (after 4:00pm) - Friday September 22. Some exceptions apply, please check your nearest location for details. You’re Invited to BridgeWay’s Gala! Enjoy a fun night of dinner,...
On this page: Happy Grandparents Day! Read about one grandparent's experience at EarlyON. Infant Massage You and Your Baby Just For Dads Workshops Upcoming Closures Happy Grandparents Day Sunday September 10th is National Grandparents Day! At BridgeWay, we love to see...
Reminder: BridgeWay will be closed September 2-4 for the Labour Day long weekend. You and Your Baby Come chat with other moms about topics like birth experience and challenges in adjusting to parenthood. This program is for first time moms with infants birth to 9...
Reminder: BridgeWay will be closed September 2-4 for the Labour Day long weekend. Gore Meadows and Brittany Glen EarlyON Centres will remain open on Saturday, Spetember 2nd. Upcoming Workshops Join us online for free workshops, covering a variety of parenting topics!...
BridgeWay staff have read and reflected on some children's books by Indigenous authors and/or illustrators. Below is a list of books and what stood out to each staff member as they read through the story on their own or with children and families. We hope you enjoy...
We’ve put together a list of books celebrating LGBTQ2S+ children and families! These books are perfect for children with queer parents/caregivers to see families like theirs, for children to see themselves and their peers, and for everyone to learn about and celebrate...
Picture books are a great way for children to learn about cultures as well as celebrate themselves and their family. These 7 books are written by authors of Asian descent with themes we can all relate to – feeling loved and connected, showing love and of course loving...
Learning through play can happen with the simplest materials. Before you recycle your plastic bottles and cardboard boxes, try adding them to your child's play! Objects like these are open-ended, which means there's no limit to what they can become when your child...
Ramps are a fun and interactive tool for children to explore math and science concepts. When they roll a toy down a ramp, they're learning to make predictions and problem solve while also learning about concepts like motion, speed, and cause and effect. There are fun...