Parenting a new baby is challenging; full of highs and lows. It can feel even harder if you or your partner are struggling with Postpartum Mood Disorder (PPMD). 1 in 5 women and 1 in 10 men will experience PPMD after the birth or adoption of their baby. Getting support is important.
Just For Dads is facilitated by Patrick Mahoney BScN, RN.
In this workshop, Patrick will guide the discussion to:
- learn about the signs and symptoms of PPMD,
- discuss what it means to experience PPMD,
- talk about ways to support their partner experiencing PPMD,
- explore resources available to men and women, and
- discuss ways to manage parenting a new child.
This workshop is open only to fathers and dinner is provided. Two dates are available – you are welcome to come to one or both sessions.
Do you have questions? Email us at [email protected].
Patrick Mahoney BScN, RN. specializes in Dad’s Groups, as well as, Groups for Parents-To-Be and New Parents. His 14 years experience with Toronto Public Health has focused on Dad’s Groups with topics like, dads with new babies and parent’s mental health.