Early Years Assistant (Family Support)
Your passion for supporting families lead you here!
BridgeWay Family Centre, the largest provider of EarlyON Child and Family Centres in the Region of Peel, provides free prenatal services, early learning programs and supports to pregnant women and families/caregivers with children birth – 6 years of age. We are currently hiring Family Support staff who will help us meet our vision of ‘Caring every day, building stronger families’.
Do you want to work for an agency who;
- Has a reputation of going ‘above and beyond’ to provide quality family support and early learning programs and services.
- Has a high employee retention rate; with staff who make new employees quickly feel part of the ‘BridgeWay Family’.
- Offers a competitive salary, employee Group Retirement Savings Plan to help you save for your retirement, and has a generous staff training budget to ensure you continue to grow and develop in your profession.
- Has a full benefit plan for staff who work 32.5 hours or more a week?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, read more about the position below:
- Planning and facilitating early learning programs* (with both families/caregivers and children in attendance) guided by the ELECT and How Does Learning Happen? documents, and the needs of the participants
- Providing support to new mothers through facilitation of programs and support groups, including those experiencing Post Partum Mood Disorders
- Helping families/caregivers and their children feel welcomed and included each time they visit our centres
- Developing relationships with families/caregivers, including listening/providing support during day to day conversations; addressing specific questions or concerns; or in times of need
- Recognizing the individuality of each family and demonstrating respect for different parenting or caregiving styles
- Providing referrals to community services/supports
- Joining and becoming a supportive, key member of a staffing team
*Programs are offered online, outdoors and indoors. Adherence to COVID-19 precautions, including daily staff/client screening; enhanced centre cleaning/disinfection; wearing of Personal Protective Equipment (mandatory face shield/mask) required.
- Family Support Certificate, RECE, Degree/Diploma in Social Work; Child and Youth Studies; Nursing; or relevant experience in the field
- Possess knowledge of child development and family centred approach model
- Emergency First Aid/CPR B or C
- Vulnerable Sector Check
- Awareness of resources/supports available in the Peel community
- Experience facilitating programs/support groups with new mothers/parents/caregivers in attendance
- Ability to speak multiple languages
Part time and full-time opportunities available in Mississauga and Brampton
3 – 35 hours per week (positions may include weekday, weekend and evening shifts)
Starting Salary Range:
With relevant experience only – $16.80 – $21.74 per hour
With relevant qualification i.e. Family Support Certificate, RECE, Degree/Diploma in Social Work; Child and Youth Studies; Nursing – $19.55 – $25.30 per hour
If this position is for you, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] indicating your preference for part time and/or full-time employment. Thank you for your interest in this position; only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
BridgeWay is committed to providing an inclusive workplace that embraces diversity, values differences, and supports the full participation of all employees.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Upon individual request, we will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates with disabilities. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point during the recruitment and selection process.