Outdoor Program Safety During COVID-19
Keeping safe is a collective responsibility. BridgeWay is observing the precautions recommended by the Region of Peel so that families and staff can participate in our programs safely. Please use the screening questions below on the day of your program to determine if you will be able to attend.
The Region of Peel has provided the following list of symptoms and screening questions.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- A fever, 37.8°C or higher
- New or worsening cough, shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Difficulty swallowing
- Pink eye (conjunctivitis)
- Nasal congestion or runny nose without other known cause
- Unexplained fatigue/malaise/muscle aches
- Abdominal pain
- Decrease or loss of sense of taste or smell
- Barking cough or making a whistling noise when breathing (croup) (in children)
- Lack of energy or difficulty feeding (in infants with no other diagnosis)
- Rash (in children)
Other screening questions include:
- Have you had close contact with anyone who is sick or has COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Did you travel outside Canada in the last 14 days?
If you or your child/children have any of the symptoms listed or answer yes to either/both of the questions, please do not attend the program. For more information on symptoms, COVID testing and self-isolation, see a health care provider, visit the Region of Peel’s COVID-19 information page or contact Peel Public Health at 905-799-7700 (Caledon: 905-584-2216).
Physical distancing is in effect! The programs will be organized so that families physically distance themselves.
Masks will be worn by staff and are strongly recommended for participants over the age of two. Masks should not be placed on children under two years of age, or children under the age of five years either chronologically or developmentally who refuse to wear a mask and cannot be persuaded to do so by their caregiver. We also encourage caution in hot weather as masks may make the wearer feel uncomfortable and feel like it is more difficult to breathe.
Preregistration is required. Families will need to register for every program through our Schedules page.
Check-In: When you arrive at the program site, immediately use the hand sanitizer we will provide for you and maintain a distance of six feet/two metres. Please check in with the staff person wearing EarlyON/BridgeWay identification; they will provide you and your child with a wristband to help identify that you are registered to attend the program.
We hope you enjoy the program! Please provide any feedback you may have to the program staff or at firstname.lastname@example.org.