What is a dental screening?
- A Peel Public Health registered dental hygienist and certified dental assistant will be visiting your Centre to provide a free dental screening.
- A dental screening is a quick look inside the child’s mouth. A separate, sterilized mouth mirror is used for each child.
What is a fluoride varnish application?
- Fluoride varnish is a protective coating that maybe painted on a child’s teeth. It is very quick, easy and safe to apply.
- Fluoride strengthens the outer layer of the tooth and helps prevent cavities (tooth decay).
What happens after the dental screening?
- The parent will receive important information only if their child needs additional dental care.
- If the parent does not have a dental plan and cannot afford to take their child to the dentist, the child may be eligible for free dental care.
- A dental screening does not replace regular dental visits.