Are you pregnant and on a fixed or low income?
Are you separated from your family and need extra support?
Are you a pregnant teen?
Join us at Healthy Start! This FREE program is all about nutrition and learning to give your baby the healthiest start possible!
The program will provide pregnant women of all ages with the skills, confidence and resources needed to keep themselves and their child healthy throughout their pregnancy and in to the first few months after birth. You will need to speak to a Program team member to see if you are eligible.
What to Expect When You Join Healthy Start
You Will Receive:
- Prenatal Vitamins
- Grocery Gift Cards
- Healthy Food
- Information about resources in your community
- Support from a social worker and dietitian
You Will Learn About:
- Healthy eating
- What to expect during pregnancy
- Caring for your baby
- Infant safety
- The benefits of exercise; during and after pregnancy
- Taking care of your mental health
- Supporting your baby’s mental health
- Bonding with your baby
- Giving birth in Canada
You will make:
- Connections with other pregnant women
How to Join Healthy Start
This is a registered drop-in program that runs 9 times throughout the week. The program runs both online and in-person.
Please contact [email protected] or call 905-822-1114 ext. 243 to find out if you qualify for the program. If you don’t need this much support we have other prenatal classes available.