EarlyON Cooks! Join us online to make a delicious and simple meal your whole family will love! Closer to the program date, the recipe will be emailed to you. You will provide the ingredients for your meal and then receive a $15.00 grocery card after you...
We’re Hiring! Support Services Specialist, Technology
BridgeWay Family Centre provides free prenatal services, early learning and family support programs to pregnant women, and families/caregivers with children birth – 6 years of age. We are committed to providing the best support to our clients and sharing in their journey of parenting.
We are looking for an IT/Administrative superstar in the role of Support Services Specialist, Technology. The candidate will support the work of the agency to achieve our vision of ‘Caring every day, building stronger families’.
Do you want to work for an agency that;
- Is a front runner in the family support and early learning field?
- Has a reputation of going ‘above and beyond’ to provide quality family support and early learning programs and services.
- Has a high employee retention rate; with staff who make new employees quickly feel part of the ‘BridgeWay Family’.
- Offers a competitive salary, full benefits plan, employee Group Retirement Savings Plan, and has a generous staff training budget to ensure you continue to grow and develop in your profession.
If yes, in this role, you will:
- Support the agency through administrative needs and technical support
- Responsible for the setup, distribution, maintenance and tracking of digital equipment (computers, software, tablets, phones, printers, website, etc.)
- 1st level troubleshooting, point of contact for escalations to IT contractors
- Administrator for cloud services including Microsoft Office365 (Outlook, SharePoint, MS Teams, Excel), OCCMS, Zoom
- Website administrator
- Research and test new tools for appropriateness to BridgeWay environment
- Maintain database of programs, location and schedules
- Roll-up and analysis of attendance statistics for all programs – using Excel and OCCMS
- Ensure appropriate storage/destruction of physical and electronic files in accordance with record retention policy
- Ensure technical inventory is performed quarterly
- Conference/meeting support (both on and off premises) – identifying technology requirements and responsible for set-up/tear down
- Prepare Word and Excel documents to support the needs of the agency (e.g. staff training records)
- Order any necessary IT required items for the office as needed
- Prepare monthly IT occurrence reports
- Business certificate/diploma/degree or equivalent work experience
- Emergency Frist Aid/CPR B or C
- Acceptable Vulnerable Sector Check
- Self-motivated, takes initiative and works well within a team environment
- Strong time management skills
- Strong MS Excel skills with a good knowledge of pivot tables, experience in Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Additional languages an asset
- Ability to work in a hybrid capacity with minimal supervision
- Effective communication including timely status update and flagging of issues
- Ability to deliver results within specified deadlines
- Previous experience providing IT support within the non-profit industry
- Additional languages
- 35 per week, weekdays, Monday – Friday with flexibility needed to work evenings, or weekends
- Remotely and in person; travel to different sites in Mississauga/Brampton required
- $22.00 to $24.50 per hour
- BridgeWay offers on-going professional development, an employee GRSP, and has a full benefit plan for full-time staff
If this position is for you, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please use subject line: Support Services Specialist, Technology. Thank you for your interest in this position; only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
BridgeWay is committed to providing an inclusive workplace that embraces diversity, values differences, and supports the full participation of all employees. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Upon individual request, we will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates with disabilities.
Just For Dads Being a dad has its highs and lows, and it can be challenging to find help or to connect with others. Come share your thoughts and concerns about parenting, ask questions, and meet other dads in your community. Just For Dads is open only to fathers of...
Upcoming Closure Reminder: All centres will be closed on Friday November 17 for staff training. Journey Together Join BridgeWay and The Indigenous Network for Journey Together, where families and children can experience and participate in Indigenous activities while...
You and Your Baby Come chat with other moms about topics like birth experience and challenges in adjusting to parenthood. This program is for first time moms with infants birth to 9 months. Heart LakeThursdaysNow until December 71:30pm-3:00pmRegister Here Brittany...
You and Your Baby Come chat with other moms about topics like birth experience and challenges in adjusting to parenthood. This program is for first time moms with infants birth to 9 months. Heart LakeThursdaysBeginning November 21:30pm-3:00pmRegister Here Turtle...
BridgeWay staff have read and reflected on some children's books by Indigenous authors and/or illustrators. Below is a list of books and what stood out to each staff member as they read through the story on their own or with children and families. We hope you enjoy...
We’ve put together a list of books celebrating LGBTQ2S+ children and families! These books are perfect for children with queer parents/caregivers to see families like theirs, for children to see themselves and their peers, and for everyone to learn about and celebrate...
Picture books are a great way for children to learn about cultures as well as celebrate themselves and their family. These 7 books are written by authors of Asian descent with themes we can all relate to – feeling loved and connected, showing love and of course loving...
Learning through play can happen with the simplest materials. Before you recycle your plastic bottles and cardboard boxes, try adding them to your child's play! Objects like these are open-ended, which means there's no limit to what they can become when your child...
Ramps are a fun and interactive tool for children to explore math and science concepts. When they roll a toy down a ramp, they're learning to make predictions and problem solve while also learning about concepts like motion, speed, and cause and effect. There are fun...